Abha Dawesar Blog

Family Values has been released! Babyji is now available in French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, and Thai. The Hebrew and French translations of That Summer in Paris are also out. My site: www.abhadawesar.com
I also have a FRENCH BLOG.

Friday, March 16, 2007

The 8th arrondissement

I came across this statue for the first time yesterday on a walk near the Grand Palais. There was a mysterious plaque nearby saying that the maple sugar (tree?) was a gift from Montréal to Paris. I’m not sure whether this had anything to do with the statue which seems an allegory of sorts. Babyji was officially released yesterday in Paris (Thank you to all who sent me good wishes). Here’s a photo of la vitrine indienne of the Librairie Privat-Julliard where the signature was held. I'm signing tonight at Violette & Co (102 blvd de Charonne. Just as an fyi my interview with Frédéric Ferney of Le Bateau Livre is viewable this week online.(Why? But O! Why do I have such a hard time consistently following the rules of accord? Can a foreign tongue learnt in adulthood ever become entirely instinctive?).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger suku said...

Nice meeting you today at the Franco-Indienne talk.You spoke well(though I disagree on the content).
I mentioned to you about Journal of a Novel:East of Eden letters by Steinbeck.

Sad I will be in Boston during the Salon de Livre.Good luck with that.

Has someone told you this before,you look like Halle Berry and yes,that is a compliment.

Sunil

5:22 PM  
Blogger Claude Renault said...

Very interesting to read about Paris through your eyes.
A fan

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home